An incisional hernia occurs when weakness in the muscle of the abdomen, caused by prior abdominal surgery, allows the tissues, muscles, and/or parts of the internal organs to protrude through the weakened abdominal wall. At Far North Surgery, Dr. Madhu Prasad – a general surgeon in Anchorage, AK – and his team are highly trained and qualified to handle complex incisional hernia surgeries with successful outcomes.
Causes of Incisional Hernia
The most common causes of an incisional hernia are:
- Complications from a past abdominal surgery
- Poor wound care
- Improper surgical methods or stitching
- A history of multiple abdominal surgeries
- Excessive pressure from coughing, sneezing, or straining
- Heavy lifting or poor lifting techniques
Dr. Madhu Prasad has over 30+ years of experience working as a general surgeon and surgical oncologist and providing the highest level of care in Anchorage, Alaska. He believes in providing quality care to patients and their families. Inspired by compassion and humanism, Dr. Prasad and his team work for the well-being of their patients. Click here to know more about him.